Boring, bromidic, characterless and unexciting. I wish I could summarise London Fashion Week SS19 with other words except for the used synonyms for boring but I’ll be pushing it. Compared to the other fashion weeks in New York, Milan and Paris, London has immersed itself into a huge pothole. Maybe it has lost its spark or the aftermath of Brexit has managed to spread even into the fashion world, but the capital can’t seem to attract new and exciting designers. Thankfully, there are still designers in the likes of Burberry, Erdem and Victoria Beckham to save the day or London Fashion Week SS19, that is!
Here are the best of the best highlights of London Fashion Week SS19:
- Burberry surprised with an outstanding combo of three animal prints. Beige zebra blouse, knee-length leopard skirt and a pair of Dalmatian leather sandals. The whole look is finished with a dark brown leather bum bag with a subtle ‘B’ at the front.
- David Koma, on the other hand, revealed it all during London Fashion Week SS19 with an asymmetrical see-through off-the-shoulder black top with a flounced sleeve. The top was paired with extra-long black trousers with split-ankle hems.
- Emilia Wickstead presented an all-white combo with a pure white crop top with bomber sleeves and a matching high-waisted pair of white trousers. The look was completed with a contrasting pair of black heels and dark brown suitcase.
- Erdem showed off his wonderful Parisian baroque-style white and yellow dress with little small buttons going vertically across the whole masterpiece.
- Eudon Choi had his own version of a grown-up school uniform with one model wearing a brown checked skirt and a white short-sleeved polo shirt. The model was wearing what seemed like a leather fish net grocery bag. Well, that’s my next grocery shopping outfit sorted!
- Surprisingly, they weren’t a lot of floral details during London Fashion Week SS19 compared to New York Fashion Week SS19. However, one such piece was presented by Jenny Packhman. The beautiful rose-printed dress is definitely Oscar-worthy or at least red-carpet-worthy!
- Julien Macdonald also laid it all bare with a sparkly black and gold long sequin dress. There are see-through patches going across the length and front section.
- Markus Lupfer presented another floral piece. This time it was a light blue day dress with short-sleeves and plaited skirt. To uplift this plain at first sight dress, there was a stitched black sequin belt.
- There were all sorts of things going on with one of Mary Katrantzou dresses. The dress featured random stamps, numbers, roses and butterflies, placed geometrically pleasing across the whole piece.
- At London Fashion Week SS19, Osman showcased an interesting trench coat slash dress with various asymmetrical ruffles starting from the top till the hem. High-neck, belt and big black buttons are making this garment the perfect look for late night Spring walk.
- Long vertical stripes were the highlight of Palmer Harding SS19 collection. There was a two-piece long skirt in what seemed like a dirty white colour and gold-ish stripes matched with a pure white long-sleeved shirt with subtle grey stripes and contrasting red and gold with green hue stripes.
- Peter Pilotto presented a very lady-like cocktail dress that gave all sorts of kimono style vibes. The colours were varying from baby pink to yellow, violet and green.
- The last piece I liked during London Fashion Week SS19 came from Temperley London. A long fluid eveningwear with a deep V-neckline and numerous elements in sping colours.
Unfortunately, the rest of the designers didn’t cut my highlight section for this post. Not even Victoria Beckham surprised me at this year’s London Fashion Week SS19. What’s good though is the remarkable creativity that some designers came up with. Following New York Fashion Week SS19, I was prepared for a full floral blast. However, London Fashion Week SS19 came up with its original take on what Spring/Summer clothes should look like, thus I’ll give credit where credit is due.
Did you watch London Fashion Week SS19?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: